CrazyCanuckReg.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survivalist Forum

+3
Cursed Hunter
sinyckel
krystov
7 posters

Go down

Survivalist Forum Empty Survivalist Forum

Post  krystov Sat 11 Apr - 17:46

This forum is for those who are survivalists to discuss lessons learned.

To start with: If anyone has actually caught a shrimp, tell us how and where.

We may want to consider posting a shrimp hunting affair where we take that port and defend it against those online until our members catch enough to level.

krystov
coordinator of professions

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Survivalist Forum Empty Re: Survivalist Forum

Post  sinyckel Sat 11 Apr - 18:07

O.K., shrimping is a bitch. I am working on my fifth shrimp now, and hopefully I will never have to shrimp again. Let me share what I have discovered thus far....
If you click and drag across the screen you will find dark blue squares. These squares correspond with the swirlys that appear when you first access the fishing screen. Memorize the locations and wait for a square to show up that isn't one of these. That's where the shrimp I have managed to catch are hiding. (in the new squares) As of yet I have no idea as to what purpose the others serve.
sinyckel
sinyckel

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Cursed Hunter Sat 11 Apr - 18:24

found this in the forum

Yes, you can advance in two professions when you are rp, you choose the second the same way as you did the first, and on the your profession page you will see them both.

Catching of shrimp is indeed a passive skill, it means you have the knowledge to cath them when fishing. Therefore it won't help if you buy shrimp, because the system only notices when you really catch one.

A skill has craft behind it's name when you actually craft something, like cooked shrimps at the concoction skill. In this case, buying shrimp if you don't have survivalism is your only option.

I hope this helps.
Cursed Hunter
Cursed Hunter

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Survivalist Forum Empty * * * Reply with quote * * * *

Post  m2 Sat 11 Apr - 22:46

Regarding the other squares, here is what I believe to be true based on limited personal experience, and reading public forums. If you click on the square and nothing is stated above, it has been said that something was there before and somebody got it. If it says "You are not a high enough level professional to collect this." then I have heard that it means some fish other than a shrimp is there (and yes I know that shrimp are not fish but you get the point). If it says something like you don't have the right equipment, it is probably a rusted dagger which can be caught with a fishing pole. If it says "failed attempt" then keep trying because you are on the right track to catch something. Of course, I am only a decent fisherman at catching a bunch of useless daggers so I do not want to give anyone the impression that I am catching a lot of shrimp at this point. I hope this helps for some that are still having a tough time figuring this out. My understanding is that luring is something that takes a long time to find what you are looking for and as the professions are new, everybody wants to work on these things at the same time making it even more difficult.

EDIT:

Fishing has been super easy the past couple of days so I suspect anyone can find shrimp now.

Last edited by m2 on Sat 18 Apr - 23:42; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : More Informationon Shrimping)

m2

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Pichoss Sun 12 Apr - 13:55

Thanks for all the help on this bloody shrimping. I have been trying since the professions are on and did not manage to get a single one Sad On the top of this I came across another problem with my primary profession where I'm at lvl 450 and started getting this message: You are not versed well enough in your secondary profession to continue leveling your primary. So I'm screwed and I will loose Lagomorph for good and never get ahead of him.

Pichoss

Back to top Go down

Post  Pichoss Sun 12 Apr - 23:16

to find where the fishing spots are is quite convenient use Ctr+A and you'll get highlighted all content of the page and all your fishing spots too. Or you can use Internet Explorer 7 and it'll get refreshed after every fishing hit showing where other fishes could be.

Shrimps: 0 (after 4 days, I think that is the way it meant to be and soon I'm gonna give it up)

Pichoss

Back to top Go down

Survivalist Forum Empty How to do Shrimps

Post  Pichoss Tue 14 Apr - 14:09

Well it took me about a week to figure this out lol

First of all you need to have this:
Loosely Threaded Net Tool
Bait (purchase about 50-100 of them in Balicasag)

1. When fishing make sure your fishing pole is Loosely Threaded Net in the case you already purchased different poles
2. on the fishing page use Ctrl+A to highlight all spots where something could be
3. and here comes the trick: Use Luring Potion while fishing (I bought it from someone for 50pts) this works the same way as eg.Icicles. You got 15 minutes time to do your fishing and during this time I found
about 15 Shrimps and got my Survivalist to lvl 11. Best success I had in the Death Island but pretty much everywhere I found something.

Pichoss

Back to top Go down

Post  sinyckel Wed 15 Apr - 16:27

I made it to level 5 without the luring potion, but now I'm looking for them. I'm tired of skinning bears with no result. Thanks for the tip m8.
sinyckel
sinyckel

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  peglegclegg Mon 20 Apr - 0:42

i am trying to catch sardines with the bait and bent rod but keep catching shrimp and no sardines
peglegclegg
peglegclegg

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Survivalist Forum Empty Bloody Cat Pelts?

Post  krystov Thu 7 May - 19:47

Anyone have any? I want to make speed elixirs. Any I make w/the pelts you give me, I will return. Or, mail me with price (points or $) for them.

Thanks,
Krystov

krystov
coordinator of professions

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  whatever Sun 27 Sep - 7:43

now it's easy to get shrimp but hard to find sardine...lol

whatever

Number of posts : 3